Current transducers for DC monitoring
DT Series Current Transducers from NK Technologies have a large aperture design, making it easy to monitor any circuit up to 1200 amps. It has a DIN-rail mount enclosure for easy installation.
NK Technologies' DT Series Large Aperture Current Transducers combines a hall effect sensor and signal conditioner into one package for use in dc current applications up to 1200 amps. Factory calibrated ranges simplify operation and eliminate zero and span pots. Industry standard 4-20 mA, 0-5 V dc or 0-10 V dc outputs are magnetically isolated from the input to provide maximum safety, and eliminate insertion losses. Internal power regulation delivers reliable operation and helps keep installation costs low, even in applications with unregulated power. A DIN-rail mount enclosure makes installation easy.
The ability to monitor any circuit up to 1200 amps makes DT series large aperture current transducers ideally suited for any number of applications, including:
- Monitoring load and charging currents, and verifying operation, of battery banks.
- Measuring traction power or auxiliary loads in transportation applications.
- Monitoring dc powered motors in cranes, saws, sorters and positioning equipment.
- Measuring the current produced or consumed, and detecting mechanical problems before a failure occurs, in wind and solar power generation applications.
- Edited by Chris Vavra, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com
|Search the online Automation Integrator Guide|
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Control Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.