Mission critical network design seminar in September
Belden presents the Hirschmann industrial networking conference in Dallas, TX, which will be focused on mission critical network design.
Belden Inc. presents the Hirschmann 2011 Mission Critical Network Design Seminar, September 18-21, 2011, at the Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center in Dallas, Texas.
In today’s highly competitive markets, training is essential to establish and maintain the technical competencies needed for success and advancement. This seminar provides a multitude of high quality training options to fit specific levels of expertise. Unlike other seminars, the Mission Critical Network Design Seminar reportedly focuses on just one particular area of technology: Industrial Ethernet Networking.
Expertise in designing, implementing and maintaining industrial Ethernet networks will be critical as intelligent use of data becomes the difference between market leaders. This seminar will position attendees at the forefront of industrial Ethernet networking, now and in the future.
The seminar is a combination of lecture with hands-on labs to reinforce lecture topics. Attendees can customize their schedule by selecting from 17 different technical sessions and 9 hands-on labs. The organization of each session ensures everyone has an opportunity to take full advantage of the seminar, regardless of his or her level of technical knowledge. The nine hands-on labs will reinforce the topics covered in many of the classes while providing the opportunity to “learn by doing.”
Presenters with a combined experience of over 150 years will speak on technical topics including Isolating Network Traffic, Implementing Redundancy and Network Security. Each presenter has the experience and technical background to address current technology trends for designing state-of-the art mission critical industrial Ethernet networks in a variety of industries including petrochemical; automotive; and power generation, transmission and distribution.
Seminar Topics Include:
- Introduction to Ethernet Networking
- Network Design I: Implementing Redundancy
- Network Design II: Managing Multicast Traffic
- Network Design III: Network Isolation (VLANs / Routing)
- Network Design IV: Introduction to Wireless LAN
- Network Design V: Introduction to Network Security
- Network Management
- Switch Selection: Choosing the right product for your application
- Cool things your switch can do that you don’t know about
- IEC 61850
- Industrial Connectivity: Passive Product Technology
- Industrial Connectivity: Active Product Technology
- Ethernet Cabling: Your Questions Answered
- Fiber Optic Cabling
- Industrial Automation Cabling (Non-Ethernet Applications)
- Hirschmann System Integrator Forum
- Hirschmann Distributor Forum
- Managed switches “Out of the box”
- Network Management with Industrial HiVision
- Network Redundancy
- Layer 3 / Routing Basics
- Layer 3 / Routing Advanced
- Network Security
- Cool things your switch can do
Details on the 2011 Hirschmann Mission Critical Network Design Seminar
- Edited by Chris Vavra, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com
|Search the online Automation Integrator Guide|
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Control Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.