Pressure sensors for oil and gas industry
Honeywell added two models to their Wing Union/Hammer Union pressure sensor portfolio, which are designed for precision accuracy during drilling operations.
Honeywell Sensing and Control added the Model 425 and Model 427 to their Wing Union/Hammer Union pressure sensor portfolio.
The Model 425 is available in two accuracy levels (±0.2 % BFSL [Best Fit Straight Line] – Standard) or (±0.1 % BFSL – High Accuracy). The Model 427 (±0.2 % BFSL) provides a wide and shallow sensing port that facilitates the seamless flow of more viscous media blends.
Both models provide accurate and reliable data for more confident detection of small changes in pressure, allowing the operator to quickly adjust media flow pressure during drilling operations. This helps drilling operators optimize oil withdrawal rates and profile potentially dangerous conditions such as gas bubbles to increase drilling personnel safety.
Other features include:
- Quick Installation/Serviceability – Designed for quick field installation, offers resistance to torque stress at hammer up with field adjustable zero and span for reliable long term performance.
- Reliability/Durability – All welded stainless steel construction, with Inconel wetted parts for resistance to abrasive or corrosive media. Shock and vibration tested; CE, CSA / ATEX - Intrinsically Safe approvals.
- Longevity – Hit it and forget it: Honeywell’s class leading reliability plus an annual calibration cycle allows customers to install and move on.
- Quick Availability – Multiple configurations available for quick shipment in less than 5 days, others available within 2 weeks.
- Model 425 available with ± 0.1% high accuracy; or ±0.2% standard accuracy
- Model 427 with ±0.2% accuracy features a wider aperture design for use with more viscous media
- Both feature all-welded one-piece, hermetically sealed, stainless-steel construction and Inconel X-750 wetted parts for additional durability with abrasive or corrosive media
- Multiple electrical connections available
- RFI/EMI protected
- Intrinsically safe option
- CE approved; CSA/ATEX certification
- See more Control Engineering sensor products.
|Search the online Automation Integrator Guide|
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Control Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.