EC: IndraDrive Mi Integrated Motor-drive System with Multi-Ethernet Interface
Motion Control - Servo drives: Rexroth IndraDrive Mi with Multi-Ethernet interface is a milestone in drive engineering, combining control electronics and servo motor in one ultra-compact unit. This is a Control Engineering 2013 Engineers' Choice finalist.
Opening more possibilities for faster, simpler system development, the IndraDrive Mi integrated motor-drive system now features a Multi-Ethernet interface that makes it easy to engineer a wide range of automation system with one type of hardware. Rexroth has enhanced this award-winning technology (which integrates the drive electronics into the motor casing and enables daisy-chaining of up to 20 IndraDrive systems through cabling that combines power and communications into one cable) with a versatile Multi-Ethernet interface that makes configuration of communications protocols easier than ever.
IndraDrive Mi V2 highlights:
- 4 sizes, continuous torque of 2.2-10.5
- Proven, widely used version of integrated motor-drive system now entering second generation
- Combined communications and power in one cable for faster, easier machine design and commissioning; reduces part counts
- Multi-Ethernet interface with Sercos III, Profinet IO, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT
- IO-Extension to connection fieldbus devices and supports additional fieldbus
- Drive-based Safety On Board function Safe Torque Off (STO) with centralized and decentralized Safety zones
- Ability to daisy-chain up to 20 IndraDrive Mi units, max cable length 200 m
- Standalone “motor near” drive version available — configuration separates the drive electronics from the motor for tight-fitting machine spaces
- Openness and flexibility in communication through integrated multi-Ethernet interface.
- Improved machine safety and productivity thanks to safety option STO – Safe Torque OFF
- · Significant reduction of: cabinet volume, up to 70% and installation costs, up to 85%
- · Easy integration of multi-Ethernet-able IO, pneumatic and hydraulic components into the IndraDrive Mi line with multiple communications interfaces
- · Reduced installation time and investment required — smaller controls cabinet, modular integrated motor-drive unit and daisy-chaining of multiple drives with one cable simplifies commissioning of motion axes components on many machines