EC: MR-J4 Series Servo System
Motion Control - Servo drives: The MR-J4 servo system from Mitsubishi Electric Automation combines high performance features (for maximum throughput and OEE), user-friendly, HMI functions (to accelerate set-up, reduce installation costs and improve operator safety), and energy saving features. This is a Control Engineering 2013 Engineers' Choice Awards Honorable Mention.
As the fastest servo in the world with a 2500 Hz frequency response speed, the MR-J4 series servo amplifier promises to deliver maximum machine throughput and performance by reducing settling time to 0-2msec. In addition to its impressive performance, the MR-J4 servo system also offers a multitude of energy, space and cost savings features and user-friendly functions for faster set-up and improved operator safety.
The MR-J4 servo system is the “best-in-class,” energy-efficient servo solution for machine builders and end-users featuring these key capabilities:
- Real-time adaptive load control, machine resonance suppression filters and machine robust filters are all adjusted automatically just by one click in the servo setup software.
- An advanced vibration suppression control II function eliminates machine vibrations at the end of arm and the base of the machine, which helps extend the life of the machine.
- All HG series motors for the MR-J4 servo systems come with 22 bit absolute (4 million pulses/rev) as standard, for high-accuracy positioning and smooth rotations.
- SSCNET III/H (Serial Servo to Motion Network) 300 Mbps delivers superior synchronization among servo axes with which total system response is dramatically improved.
- A "life diagnosis function" monitors the condition of components such as capacitors and relays. It also detects faulty machine parts, such as ball screws, guide ways, and bearings. By analyzing machine friction, load inertia, timely maintenance can be scheduled to prevent downtime.
- Two and three axis amplifier models helps lower total cost of ownership (TCO) by reducing energy consumption and by saving cabinet and panel space and less wiring. Energy savings can be monitored by using the power monitor function available in MR-J4 amplifiers.
|Search the online Automation Integrator Guide|
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Control Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.