Network Integration - Wireless products: The NL900PRO transceiver is a radio that sustains a standard asynchronous serial data stream between two or more radios out of the box. This is a Control Engineering 2013 Engineers' Choice finalist.
The NL900PRO transceiver is a Frequency-Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) radio designed for license-free operation in the 900 MHz ISM band. The radio sustains a standard asynchronous serial data stream between two or more radios out of the box. Housed in a compact and rugged die-cast enclosure, the radio is equipped to replace miles of serial cable using a selectable RS232, RS485, or RS422 interface.
- Networking and security
- Retries and acknowledgements
- API commands to control packet routing and acknowledgement on a packet-by-packet basis
- Frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS) for security and interference rejection
- Customizable RF channel number and system ID
- Dynamic link analysis, remote radio discovery
- Low latency and high throughput
- Easy to use
- Continuous 76.8 kbps RF data stream
- Software selectable interface communication rates from 1200 bps to 115.2 kbps
- Advanced configuration available using AT commands
Overview: The NL900PRO uses frequency hopping spread spectrum modulation, where the units "hop" from frequency to frequency many times per second using a specific hop pattern applied to all the transceivers in the same network. A distinct hopping pattern is provided for each channel number, thereby allowing multiple networks to co-exist in the same area without interference. NL900PRO transceivers operate in a point-to-point or point-to-multipoint, client-server architecture. One transceiver is configured as a server and there can be one or many clients. To establish communication between transceivers, the Server emits a beacon and upon detecting a beacon, RF link is established with the client(s).
Each unit is small and easily portable for use in mobile and temporary settings as well as for fixed installations. The NL900PRO configuration software enables custom configurations based on unique application requirements.
www.rfneulink.com/NL900PRO.htm RF Neulink