Full range of OPC gateways tested for compliance to specifications
FieldServer Technologies’ full range of OPC Gateways enable Original Equipment Manufacturers to easily provide OPC interface, multichannel gateways for the end-user, and integrator to meet communicate via OPC.
FieldServer Technologies offers a full range of OPC Gateways that have been tested to be compliant with OPC Foundation Specifications for DA 2.05a. These products for the OPC community range from the ProtoCessor gateways that enable Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to easily provide OPC interface, to FieldServer multichannel gateways for the end-user and integrator to meet communicate via OPC.
OPC is open connectivity in industrial automation and enterprise systems. The OPC Foundation has established standards of communication that assures the interoperability demanded by developers and integrators. FieldServer Technologies has been a member of the OPC Foundation and involved in OPC integration for almost ten years. FST gateways provide legacy and proprietary devices access to the power of OPC.
FieldServer Technologies has contributed to the building automation industry with over 100 protocol drivers in their extensive driver library. These drivers work with the FieldServer OPC gateways and servers to provide the vital link for many Building Automation and Industrial controls access to OPC.
The gateways tested to be compliant to OPC specifications include:
- FS-B20 Series – OPC Gateway with serial and Ethernet interface capability
- FS-B3510 – Multichannel OPC Gateway with dual Ethernet and four serial ports to interface multiple devices and protocols to OPC. Other protocols include LonWorks, DeviceNet, ControlNet and Profibus
- FS-B40 Series – Ten-port OPC Gateway with 10 Serial and dual Ethernet ports for large system interface
- OPC Server – standalone OPC server
- ProtoNode – external gateway solution for OEM applications
- Edited by Amanda McLeman, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com