Industry Roundup: Acquisitions, Certifications, Awards
• Ren Owen , Sloan Valve Company's vice president of business development, passed away on January 6, leaving behind a legacy of innovation and growth in the plumbing industry. Owen served in regional and national sales manager positions from 1982 until being promoted to his VP post in 2003.
• Intertek, Arlington Heights, Ill., has announced that its ETL SEMKO division has acquired International Approvals Laboratories, a Boulder, Colo.-based testing lab.
• MGE UPS Systems, Costa Mesa, Calif., announced that key models of its UPS from 5 kVA to 225 kVA have met the criteria of the UL 924 Emergency Lighting Systems standard.
• Onicon, Clearwater, Fla., announced that its System-10 BTU Meter has been certified to meet Version 3.4 of the LonMark Interoperability Guidelines. The meter provides energy, flow and temperature data to devices connected to a LonWorks control network.
• Raser Technologies, Provo, Utah, a technology licensing company that develops and licenses advanced electric motor, electronic motor drive, power generation and related technologies, announced today a definitive agreement to acquire Amp Resources of Draper, Utah, a private company with technologies focused on power generation.
• S&C Electric Company, Chicago, Ill., was recipient of a plaque presented by Alabama Power Company (APCO), one of the operating utilities of the Southern Company and a longtime S&C customer. S&C was one of only a dozen or so of APCO’s hundreds of suppliers to receive the award for its “Superior Performance” in the task of restoring electric power following Hurricane Katrina.