Micro-sized trip unit for RMS circuit breakers, lower arc flash risk
Trip unit, available in RMS circuit breakers, offers system coordination, selectivity, reliability, arc flash protection.
System coordination, selectivity, reliability, and arc flash protection are addressed in the GE microEntelliGuard trip unit. It is offered in GE Spectra SG600 and SK1200 circuit breakers and is backwards compatible with existing Spectra MicroVersa Trip breakers. GE’s microEntelliGuard trip unit is said to have:
- The most flexible time-current curve shaping in the industry for system coordination,
- Industry-first instantaneous ZSI (Zone Selective Interlocking) for selectivity,
- Waveform capture and event log for reliability, and
- Reduced energy let-through (RELT) for arc flash protection.
The new trip unit meets the common challenges of facility managers and maintenance personnel in a variety of industries and provides new options for panelboard OEMs, electrical contractors, distributors and consulting engineers, said Geoff McKay, product manager.
It has a human machine interface (HMI), said to be easy to use, based on the same platform as the EntelliGuard TU trip units that provides a backlit LCD display with five-button tactile keypad and LED status to show the “health” of trip unit. Fully adjustable time-current curves have multiple curve shapes, slopes, and delay bands for optimal system coordination. It has optional ground fault trip or alarm with multiple slopes for optimal system coordination.
It also has:
- Current metering is a standard feature, with options for power, energy and reactive power metering and waveform capture;
- Event Log with date/time stamp to record the last 10 events;
- Test set jack for GTUTK20 test kit; and
- Optional Modbus communications system with user-selectable address assignment for communication with EnerVista Viewpoint power system monitoring software or other building-power management systems.
GE specification engineers are available to assist end-users and consulting engineers with system design to fully optimize the capabilities of the microEntelliGuard trip unit.
GE Energy's Industrial Solutions division
- Also see: