Stahlin Non-Metallic Enclosures has released new Polystar Polycarbonate Enclosures designed for flexibility and endurance.
Stahlin Non-Metallic Enclosures, manufacturer of specified fiberglass enclosure products, has introduced PolyStar Polycarbonate Enclosures, the most durable and reliable NEMA 4X polycarbonate enclosures available, Stahlin said.
Made in the U.S.A., PolyStar polycarbonate enclosures can reportedly withstand rain, sleet, snow, splashing water, hose directed water -- and provide impact and flame protection. Features include:
- 5 standard sizes: 8x6x4, 10x8x4, 12x10x6, 14x12x6 and 16x14x8 in.
- Latches and hinges do not penetrate enclosure
- Easy to remove lid· High performance inserts
- Integrated lock hasp
- Flush-fit side mount swing panel and DIN rail system
- Molded in bosses· Multi-directional mounting feet
- Rated Type 3R, 4, 4X, 12
- Rated IEC 66
- UL/cUL Approved
PolyStar Series Features:
Side Mount Solutions
- Increases Usable Space
- Provides more Mounting Options- DIN rails - Side panels - Equipment
- Aluminum slot nuts - variable mounting heights - 10/32 machine screw
- Sub-panel Mounting Solution
- Revolutionary design
- Variable height mounting
- Swings open from any side· Panel locks into open position
- Mounting holes are standard JIC
- 0.08-in. aluminum panels
- Back Panels are standard JIC
UL 94 - Flame Rating - 5VA
PolyStar Enclosures provide the highest (most flame retardant) UL 94 rating available.
Outstanding Resistance to Environmental Exposure from -20 °F to +240 °F
PolyStar Enclosures are intended to be utilized for outdoor and indoor applications. The polycarbonate contained in the PolyStar Series, as well as the enclosure, have passed UL tests for suitability. The polycarbonate resin in the PolyStar Series received the best rating, an "F1" per UL 746C. This means that the resin has passed tests for UV exposure and water immersion. The PolyStar Series enclosures are rated 3R, 4, 4X, 12 per UL 50 and IP66 per IEC 60529. This means that the enclosure provides protection against ingress (of rain, sleet, snow, splashing water, and hose directed water), impact, and flame protection. The material rating and the product rating can assure the user that the PolyStar Series enclosures are suitable for outdoor use and exposure.
Low Temperature Performance
PolyStar Series enclosures are manufactured with polycarbonate designed to perform in cold weather applications. In general, the product performance will not be adversely affected until temperatures below -40 °F are realized. At temperatures below this level, stress, tension, and pressure could start to impact the enclosure's reliability. This includes the latching, opening and/or incidental impacts. In the absence of these potential threats, the enclosures should remain unaffected by the low temperatures, the company said.
- Edited by Chris Vavra, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com
See more on system integration at www.controleng.com/integration.