Carlo Gavazzi EM21 Series is a very compact 3-phase energy meter
Compact 3-phase energy meter from Carlo Gavazzi allows the user to configure the instrument for panel mounting (72 mm x 72 mm) or DIN-rail mounting, either as an energy meter or a transducer.
Carlo Gavazzi Inc., involved in design, manufacturing, and marketing of electronic equipment, has recently launched the EM21 Series, a very compact 3-phase energy meter is provided with an innovative detachable, connector-less and battery-less display. See more below image.
It allows the user to configure the instrument for panel mounting (72 x 72mm) or DIN-rail mounting, either as an energy meter or a transducer. Typically the transducer would only be DIN rail mounted, whereas the meter could be DIN rail mounted or panel mounted, therefore this is three energy devices in one housing, the company says. This general purpose three phase energy meter is suitable for active and reactive energy metering for cost allocation, but also for main electrical parameter measurement and retransmission (transducer function). Current measurements are carried out by means of external current transformers. Voltage measurements carried out either by means of direct connection (up to 400 V LL) or by means of potential transformers. The EM21 Series is provided with a pulse output for active energy retransmission. As an option, a two-wire RS-485 communication port is also available. The EM21 Series is compact and easy to install, thanks to its application-oriented programming procedure, downloadable setup software and the wrong phase-sequence warning.
Carlo Gavazzi EM21 Series energy monitoring device: key features
Some of the main technical features include:
• 72x72x65mm housing for both DIN-rail and panel mounting;
• Detachable LCD display;
• Instantaneous variables readout: 3 x 3 digits;
• Energy metering readout: 7 digits;
• Accuracy of
• Class B according to EN50470-3 (class 1 of EN62053-21), Class 2 (kvarh) according to EN62053-23;
• For 1-phase (2 wire), 2-phase (3 wire), 3-phase (3, 4 wire, balanced, unbalanced) systems for up to 400 V LL;
• CT connection (5A), TRMS measurement method;
• System variables: W, var, PF, Hz, kWh, kvarh (other variables available via RS-485);
• Single phase variables: A, VLL, VLN, PF (other variables available via RS-485);
• 1 pulse (opto-MOSFET) output (standard);
• RS485 port (optional);
• Self-powered supply voltage from 3-phase mains;
• IP50 protection degree (from the front); and
• cUL listed, CE approved.
Also read from Control Engineering :
- Carlo Gavazzi: compact 90 W power supplies ;
- Proximity Sensor Tutorial Video: Inductive and Capacitive Sensors ; and
- Carlo Gavazzi Wireless Photoelectric Sensor: Battery power avoids buried cables .
- Edited by Mark T. Hoske, editor in chief, Control Engineering , www.controleng.com.