Ethernet data acquisition module for analog sensors
Data Translation uses proprietary ISO-channel technology to protect signals from noise and ground loops.
Data Translation announces its DT8824 ultra-high resolution Ethernet data acquisition module for test and measurement. The highly accurate front-end design of the DT8824 offers simultaneous sampling of up to four fully isolated 24-bit inputs. Additionally, using proprietary ISO-Channel protection, each analog input on the DT8824 is galvanically isolated from any other input and has its own return path which further enhances noise immunity.
“High stability design combined with an industry-standard Ethernet communication interface makes the DT8824 data acquisition module an ideal choice for local or distributed monitoring,” said Fred Molinari, president. “Our advanced technology makes the DT8824 an ideal choice for chromatography, seismic, weigh scale, and medical uses, along with other measurement applications where accuracy and stability is paramount.”
ISO-Channel technology utilizes galvanic isolation methods to guarantee 1,000 V isolation between any input channel to any other input channel and ±500 V to earth ground. The company says ISO-Channel vastly increases reliability by implementing a separate isolated return path for each 24-bit A/D converter used by the four input channels, all operating in parallel. The benefit is total isolation of all inputs and outputs from each other and from digital ground.
Key features include:
• Four simultaneous analog inputs at throughput rates up to 4,800 Hz per channel;
• High-resolution 24-bit analog input subsystem offers ultimate signal accuracy;
• Complete ISO-Channel technology with 1,000 V galvanic isolation channel to channel for optimum signal integrity;
• Optional signal sampling ranges of ±10 V with programmable gains of 1, 8, 16, and 32 offers even greater resolution;
• Multiple modules can be synchronized via the wired trigger bus and can externally trigger up to 64 channels;
• Software and external trigger maintains timely and efficient sampling;
• Input buffer offers continuous wrap mode and no wrap mode;
• Four opto-isolated digital output lines, galvanically isolated to 250 V;
• Ethernet (LXI) operation allows local or remote monitoring;
• Rugged enclosure for noise immunity, half-rack small profile; and
• Includes comprehensive software CD for making measurements quickly and easily.
Edited by Peter Welander, email@example.com
Visit the Control Engineering Process Control Channel.