RS-232 to wireless: Aaxeon Airolinx BTS-1000A Bluetooth to RS-232 Converter
Airolinx BTS-1000A from Aaxeon is Bluetooth 2.0 Class I certified and allows any device with a RS-232 port to communicate wirelessly without software or system changes. See photo.
Aaxeon Technologies Inc. Released a new Bluetooth to RS-232 converter. The Aaxeon Airolinx BTS-1000A Bluetooth to RS-232 Converter is is Bluetooth 2.0 Class I certified and allows any device with a RS-232 port to communicate wirelessly. No software installation is needed and no change in the existing system is required, Aaxeon says. The BTS-1000A can be used in any application that uses a RS-232 cable. Moreover, the BTS-1000A can also communicate with other Bluetooth devices such as USB dongles.
According to Aaxeon, the product:
• Has full Bluetooth 2.0 Support + EDR;
• Needs no external software;
• Is easy to configure;
• Supports max data transfer rate of 115.2 K bps, Min 1200 bps;
• Has a plug-in design and 5 V dc external power supply; and
• Reaches 300 ft (enhanced antenna), class 1.
Aaxeon is a developer and supplier of device networking and industrial communication products.
Read more from Control Engineering about:
- Edited by Mark T. Hoske, editor in chief, Control Engineering , www.controleng.com.