Rugged machine vision cameras, improved functionality
The Spyder3 cameras by Teledyne Dalsa received recent updates, allowing them to work in harsher temperatures and improved graphical interfaces.
Teledyne Dalsa announced new optimized performance and improved functionality of its Spyder3 Camera Link and GigE Vision-compliant dual line scan cameras. The Spyder3 is designed for OEMs and system integrators.
Improvements in detail:
- Spyder3 cameras can function better in extreme environments, including cotton and food inspection; maximum operating temperature has increased from 50 C to 65 C.
- Improved graphical user interface for better ease of use and intuitive camera set-up (exposure times, trigger modes, setting gains) resulting in a superior out-of-box experience.
- Spyder3 is now supported by Sapera Vision Software; Sapera Vision Software offers a common development environment for Teledyne Dalsa 's full line of cameras and frame grabbers as well as hundreds of third party camera models; Sapera Vision Software is updatable and offers comprehensive application specific tools.
Other key features and benefits:
- 1k, 2k, and 4k resolutions, 100% fill factor
- Broadband responsivity up to 408 DN /(nJ/cm2) @ 10 dB gain
- Gigabit Ethernet models: Less than 1% CPU usage
- Camera Link models available
- Line rates up to 68 kHz
- Selectable high or low sensitivity mode
- Fully programmable gain, offset
- Flat field correction
- Edited by Chris Vavra, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com