Download Webcast slides
Click here to download a copy of the slides from the Webcast entitled "Industrial Ethernet Best Practices."
Industrial Ethernet Best Practices
Air Date: Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Join Control Engineering for a Webcast to discover best practices for industrial Ethernet implementations based on experiences of two automation system integrators. Apply these lessons learned to help your current or next application design, start-up, and implementation of industrial Ethernet provide maximum benefits and quickly as possible. An exam and certificate are available for one professional development hour (PDHs), according the Registered Continuing Education Program (from the American Council of Engineering Companies).
Learning objectives for this webcast:
- Global industrial Ethernet: market overview
- Ethernet cable categories and standards for an industrial environment
- Ethernet auto-negotiation best practices
- Creating the network: LANs, VLANs, rings, stars, copper, fiber, transceivers, speed, latency, and jitter
- Sending the message: ports, packets, and protocols
- Making it industrial: power, environment, mounting, monitoring, security, and expandability
- Mike Robbins, Network Engineering Manager, TriCore Inc.
- Les Haman, department manager, Matrix Technologies Inc.
- Moderator: Mark T. Hoske, Content Manager, Control Engineering, CFE Media
Sponsored by: B&B Electronics, Beckhoff Automation, Advantech, and Moxa.