Download Webcast slides
Click here to download a copy of the slides from the Webcast entitled "Wireless Industrial Applications."
Wireless Industrial Applications
Air Date: Thursday, March 14, 2013
Year after year, updates in industrial wireless technologies are among most popular Control Engineering articles and Webcasts. Experts will provide expert assessments of industrial wireless projects and lessons learned. An exam and certificate are available for one professional development hour (PDH), according to Registered Continuing Education Program rules (from the American Council of Engineering Companies).
Learning objectives for this industrial wireless webcast are to understand:
- Overview of industrial wireless technologies (ISA100, HART Wireless, WiFi, WiMax), including economics and how to develop a new engineering mindset
- Engineering decision criteria, including essential requirements and desired requirements
- Need for a long-term wireless strategy
- Specifications downfalls when evaluating radio aspects of the technology
- Rapid prototyping of wireless sensors in an industrial environment
- Define best practices to RF design in complex/harsh RF (radio frequency) environments, such as manufacturing/industrial/power generation facilities
- Review real examples of wireless sensor deployments in industrial environments for workforce efficiency and condition-based monitoring.
- Stephen Muenstermann, RoviSys Building Technologies, DC market manager
- Damon Brady, section manager, SAIC Energy, Environment & Infrastructure
- Douglas Bowers, senior project manager, SAIC Energy, Environment & Infrastructure
- Moderator: Mark T. Hoske, Content Manager, Control Engineering, CFE Media
Sponsored By: Advantech and Moxa.