Remote data manager integrates Web access, alarm handling, data capture: Siemens Industry
Siemens device manages remote installed process instruments, including those for flow, level, pressure, temperature, and weighing.
Siemens Industry Inc. announced the U.S. introduction of its new remote data manager. The Sitrans RD500 integrates Web access, alarm event handling, and data capture for remote installed process instruments into one device.
The device—suitable for the management and monitoring of remote installed process instruments including flow, level, pressure, temperature and weighing instruments—does not require engineering or programming.
The standard compact flash memory slot offers up to 2 Gigabytes of memory for data storage. Data logging uses file formats of common computer platforms, which can be accessed without special software. Sitrans RD500 also offers standard data transfer options for regular reporting and alarms to remote servers, email-clients—including cell phone, PDA and desktop computers—and SMS messaging.
One application of the device is compliance with government regulations that require industry to monitor critical applications for health, safety and environmental reasons. Another use addresses the need for organizations to access remote instrumentation for data synchronization, which can help optimize logistic and corporate reporting systems.
See detailed specifications online at www.siemens.com/sitransrd500 .
- Redundancy is Key to Glass Plant's Future-Sitrans pressure and temperature transmitters ;
- Sensor monitors conveyor belt speed - Sitrans WS100 ; and
- Level sensor: Guided-wave radar device-Sitrans LG200 level transmitter .
- Process Control, Advanced Process Control and Instrumentation news from Control Engineering
- Edited by Renee Robbins, Control Engineering News Desk, www.controleng.com.