Area scan camera series available in color
The Falcon2 camera series by Teledyne Dalsa enable color inspection as well fast frame rates up to 168 frames per second. They also come with embedded image processing and pixel responsivity adjustment.
Teledyne Dalsa's Falcon2 area scan camera series is now available in color. Falcon2 Color cameras enable color inspection along with fast frame rates and global shutter operation. Unique to the machine vision market, Teledyne Dalsa’s 4M and 8M Falcon2 cameras come with selectable aspect ratios. All three models are mechanically rugged and are thermally stable and thus do not require external heat sinks. The Falcon2 Color cameras come with embedded image processing, including FFC correction and pixel responsivity adjustment. The Falcon2 Color series includes the Falcon2 4M Color, delivering 4 Megapixels at 168 frames per second, the Falcon2 8M Color, delivering 8 Megapixels at 90 frames per second, and the Falcon2 12M Color, delivering 12 Megapixels at 58 frames per second.
Other features and benefits include:
- High quality color imaging at high frame rates and resolutions
- Latest charge domain CMOS technology ensures high full well capacity, enabling excellent signal integrity and image quality
- Individual color gain adjustment allows for better color balancing
- In camera image pre-processing (flat field correction, pixel responsivity adjustment)
- Selectable 4:3 or 1:1 aspect ratios while maintaining the same overall resolution (for 4M and 8M models)
- Global shutter imaging to crisply capture moving objects
- GenICam compliant and available with Camera Link interface standard and optional Camera Link HS for high bandwidth data transmission
- Edited by Chris Vavra, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com