Intelligent soft starters improve performance of industrial applications
RSQK Series high power intelligent soft starters from Carlo Gavazzi are designed to improve performance of industrial applications, decreasing the wear of mechanical transmission components. An automatic energy optimizing feature reportedly increases efficiency.
Carlo Gavazzi has launched their RSQK Series high power intelligent soft starters, designed to improve performance of industrial applications. They allegedly decrease of the “wear and tear” of mechanical transmission components (such as belts) and assure the reduction of high starting currents and of mechanical stress on gears, shafts and pulleys, thanks to a smooth and step-less acceleration and deceleration. RSQK soft starters are for industrial applications in higher power range (>100 hp). The cost advantage of this new device raises as it can be connected inside the motor delta. In this way, a smaller soft starter can be used for the same motor rating. Furthermore, the RSQK Series features are well suited for applications such as controlling large pumps, fans and mixers in 200-500 hp range, that generally require only a limited number of starts and stops, according to Carlo Gavazzi. The RSQK Series soft starters include an automatic energy optimizing feature that, reportedly, can successfully increase efficiency, especially in lightly loaded applications, thus saving energy without any drawbacks on the motor or system. The device is also provided with an automatic application setup, thus offering lower installation costs and quicker commissioning. Some key technical specifications include:
- 3-phase controlled soft start with internal bypass
- UL listed range: 23-900 Amps at 230 and 480 V ac
- Automatic energy optimizing feature
- 6-button keypad with LCD display for continuous display of relevant parameters
- Motors, resistive (heater) control and inductive (transformer) loads
- In-line or inside delta wiring operation capability
- Maximum UL motor rating at 460 V ac: 750 horsepower
- Up to 12 starts per hour
- History of last 5 trips
- Optional Modbus and remote keypad operation for multiple soft start control
- cULus listed and CE marked
Carlo Gavazzi Inc.
- Edited by Amanda McLeman, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com