New, more secure OPC connectivity for SCADA systems
Open Automation Software announces new version of OPC Systems.net to support HMIs and SCADA systems.
Open Automation Software has announced release of its OPC Systems.net Enterprise Version 4 with enhanced OPC Connectivity and security, designed to provide full user friendly support for SCADA systems and human machine interfaces (HMIs). The new release provides full support for 32- and 64-bit MS Windows operating systems, exponentially expanding the amount of real-time data supported from each server to 1 million tags.
The company says its OPC Systems.net Enterprise solution is specifically designed with the needs of the end-user in mind to integrate business application systems with plant floor production data. The GUI provides a user-friendly environment that supports the ability to set and control the range of tags from 100 to 1 million per server. The platform incorporates a distributed multi-server design that provides full functionality and support for Microsoft Windows operating systems such as Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Server 2003-2008, and Windows 7 (32 Bit and 64 Bit).
OPC Systems.net implements service oriented architecture (SOA) to deploy scalable solutions which leverage the power of the network communications functions built into the Microsoft .net framework. This SOA design also enables the platform be a true “smart client” SCADA solution. End-users can benefit from having an HMI, trending package, and alarming package all in one bundle. This combination of functionality eliminates the additional costs of add-on software as data transfer and manipulation needs grow. Everything that an end-user or OEM needs is already included within the package providing the ability to enables system growth.
“The problem that many plants face today is turning data into useful information quickly, at a reasonable cost, and on mobile devices,” said Ken Eldridge, President of Open Automation Software. “By getting the important real-time information to the right individuals, each critical decision can be made with confidence by knowing the current real conditions of any system in your plant or facility. By choosing a flexible, and scalable, product like OPC Systems.NET Enterprise End-Users can easily implement and deploy solutions quickly with little or no programming experience.”
OPC Systems.net Enterprise is a completely secure solution offering the following features:
• The ability to archive data and alarms for easy queries from third party reporting and database consumers;
• Easy and secure access from the Web, WinForms, WPF, or Windows service applications;
• Easily configurable systems based on end-user business data requirements such as data logging, alarm logging, alarm notification, and recipe management;
• The elimination of custom code or specialized scripting to share data with third party applications;
• Secure communications to external databases, management applications, remote locations, and mobile devices via a built-in 128 bit TCP/IP security feature; and
• Robust and open data exchange between OPC clients and servers, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, and .net applications.
Open Automation Software
Edited by Peter Welander, pwelander(at)cfemedia.com
Visit the Control Engineering Information Control Channel.