Thermoelectric cooler for electronic enclosures
Pentair Technical Products's McLean cooler is designed for cooling electronic components in small indoor/outdoor electronic enclosures.
Pentair Technical Products announced the McLean Thermoelectric Cooler for cooling electronic components in small indoor or outdoor electronic enclosures. Operating on Peltier effect technology, McLean Thermoelectric Coolers reportedly deliver 60, 100 or 200 Watts of cooling for applications including telecommunications, battery cabinets, industrial enclosures, security systems and more. The compact coolers feature no refrigerant, compressors or filters, providing an ideal solution for demanding or low-maintenance environments. The 24 V dc and 48 V dc Coolers are CE- and UL-recognized, and available in 13 versatile models.
The McLean Thermoelectric Cooler minimizes downtime and component loss by removing heat around critical components within an enclosure. The compact coolers can be mounted vertically or horizontally and multiple units may be used on an enclosure to increase the cooling capacity. The thermoelectric coolers only have fans with moving parts, requiring minimal maintenance; and they do not require replenishment of fluids—as do refrigerant-based coolers. A filterless design further reduces maintenance intervals.
"Pentair Technical Products has the resources, test lab capabilities and the depth of engineering knowledge to provide thermal management solutions that reduce costs and increase system performance and reliability in all types of environments and situations," said Heidi Hung, Pentair Technical Products’ product manager. "The McLean Thermoelectric Cooler is an exceptionally easy to use and reliable cooler, backed by Pentair Technical Products’ exceptional before- and after-market customer service."
Features of the Thermoelectric Cooler that make it particularly effective and easy to use include:
- Operates on the Peltier effect for efficient cooling from 60 to 200 Watts
- Includes 13 standard models with and without sheet metal shroud
- Provides dc-powered operation with 24-volt and 48-volt models to suit varying application needs
- Prewired with simple terminal block for easy wiring connection
- Meets tough industrial and outdoor requirements
- CE and UL recognized; UL Type 3R/Type 4
- Features filterless design to reduce maintenance requirements
- Includes no refrigerant or compressors, reducing the risk of leaks or added maintenance
Pentair Technical Products
- Edited by Chris Vavra, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com