Apps for Engineers: Mobile apps for measurement
Mechanical and measurement mobile applications have potential to help engineers do their jobs better. CFE Media's Apps for Engineers is an interactive directory of engineering-related applications for Apple iOS and Android operating systems from various companies. Apps are organized by category, company, and type. These are listed in the app as of December 2015.
CFE Media's Apps for Engineers is an interactive directory of engineering-related applications for Apple iOS and Android operating systems from various companies. Apps are organized by category, company, and type. These mobile measuring applications include an app that converts frequently used units and currencies, an app that contains more than 300 mechanical engineering formulas, and an app that provides troubleshooting data and reference charts. Click on the Apps for Engineers logo on the right to link to where you can download the CFE Media Apps for Engineers mobile application from Google Play and the iOS App Store.
iOS 6.0 +, Android 2.2
This app converts frequently used units and currencies in an efficient and convenient way. It comes with a hardness converter based on ISO and ASTM Standards to convert between popular hardness scales for various material types. Features include:
- Easy-to-use interface
- Currency converter with in-app exchange rate update functionality
- More than 250 engineering and scientific units in 22 categories
- Hardness converter with 16 conversion tables based on ASTM E140-07 and ISO-18265 for quick conversion between scales.
iOS 5.0+, Android 2.1+
Company: National Instruments
The NI cDAQ-9191 is a 1-slot NI CompactDAQ chassis with Wi-Fi communication that is combined with an NI C Series measurement module to create a small, portable data acquisition device. Choose simulated device to evaluate the app without actual hardware:
- Automatically discover devices on your local subnet
- Acquire continuously or a finite number of samples
- Pinch the graph to zoom in on a signal
- Email an image of the graph and data in a .CSV file.
iOS 6.0+, Android 2.3.3+
This app makes it easy for field service technicians to troubleshoot Danfoss Turbocor compressor issues on-site with instant access to troubleshooting data and quick reference charts. Field service technicians can use it to identify symptoms, work through the possible causes, and find remedies through suggested required actions.
The app contains more than 300 important mechanical engineering formulas, conversion formulas, as well as 70 area formulas. Major areas covered include: actuators bearings, belts, boiler, brakes, clutches, elevators, gears, fluid power, heat transfer, internal combustion, kinetic energy, metalworking, plates, plumbs, power plants, refrigeration, shafts springs, and vehicle drive.
- Edited by Eric R. Eissler, editor-in-chief, Oil & Gas Engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See more Apps for Engineers products linked below.