Automation system integrator statistics for 2010
System integrators in the Control Engineering Automation Integrator Guide (AIG) specify the industries they serve, the geographic areas they serve, engineering specialties, product experience, corporate affiliations, and their professional affiliations. Statistics for the 2010 Automation Integrator Guide follow.
System integrators listed in the Control Engineering Automation Integrator Guide (AIG) specify the industries they serve, the geographic areas they serve, engineering specialties, product experience, corporate affiliations, and their professional affiliations. Readers searching the on-line AIG at www.controleng.com/integrators , www.plantengineering.com, or www.packagingdigest.com can specify the kinds of integrators they're interested in by selecting key phrases in those same categories. Below are summaries of the leading key phrases in each category as selected by the integrators when composing their listings and as selected by readers when searching the AIG database.
The figures in the first column show the percentage of listings in the AIG that include the corresponding key phrase (out of a total of 2,038 listings). The figures in the third column show the percentage of searches conducted in 2009 that included the corresponding key phrase (out of a total of 20,335 searches). Note that most readers only included one or two key phrases in their searches, generally from just one or two categories. As a result, no individual key phrase was used for more than 10% of all searches. On the other hand, the system integrators could choose any number of key phrases in each category, so some key phrases appear in as many as 70% of all listings.
Below is information about top industries served.
Check back in subsequent months for updates on:
- Geographic areas served; (April)
- Engineering specialties; (May)
- Product experience; (June)
- Corporate affiliations; (July) and
- Professional affiliations (August).
Find a system integrator using these criteria with a multi-parameter search in the Control Engineering Automation Integrator Guide Online . Listings are updated regularly. (Are you an automation system integrator and not listed - see the link to create a listing.)
Also from Control Engineering , see
- Feature articles appearing in the 2010 Automation Integrator Guide .
- Integrator statistics from the 2009 Automation Integrator Guide .
- System Integration channel .
- System Integrator resource page and System Integrator Hall of Fame .
- Vance VanDoren, consulting editor, Control Engineering www.controleng.com. Edited by Mark T. Hoske, editor in chief, Control Engineering .