CIDX, ISA align to enable system interoperability for chemical industry
Chemical Industry Data Exchange and ISA announced an agreement that will formalize the sharing of information and benefits between both memberships, as well as the Open O&M initiative.
At the CIDX General Meeting in Jacksonville, FL, the Chemical Industry Data Exchange (CIDX) and ISA announced an agreement that will formalize the sharing of information and benefits between both memberships. The agreement formalizes CIDX's participation and affiliation with ISA and the Open O&M initiative.
The nature of the CIDX/ISA agreement includes:
• CIDX involvement in and endorsement of ISA 88 (batch control standard) and ISA 95 (enterprise and control integration standard)
• Two ISA limited memberships to CIDX staff
• Multiple CIDX limited memberships to ISA staff in order to participate on relevant CIDX PALM projects
• Special membership pricing to CIDX members for ISA membership
• Joint activities between the two groups will include bi-annual meetings to discuss the activities outlined in the Memorandum of Understanding and subjects of mutual interest between ISA and CIDX.
"Plant asset lifecycle management (PALM) is the next frontier in operations profitability for chemical companies," said CIDX executive director John Wheeler. "Standards that are being developed today in this arena will ensure the smooth and consistent flow of critical information between plant assets and enterprise management systems. It is an enormous value opportunity for our members and our industry."
"This agreement provides ISA an avenue for reaching and educating chemical companies on the interoperability standards that are being developed,” said T.S. "Chip" Lee, ISA director of publishing services. “With the CIDX leadership, we hope to see chemical companies become early adopters of these standards because of the intrinsic value they offer."
CIDX is a not-for-profit global trade and standards organization. ISA is a global, nonprofit organization that is setting the standard for automation. Open O&M is a standards industry consortium working to create system and data interoperability standards in manufacturing operations, maintenance and enterprise asset management.