Control Engineering Control Panel Design Video Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Sponsor: The sponsor (“Sponsor”) of the Control Engineering Video Contest (the “Contest”) is CFE Media LLC, with an address at 1111 W. 22nd St., Ste. 250, Oak Brook, IL 60523.
2. How to Enter: To enter the Contest, each participant (an“Entrant”) must complete the online registration form at www.controleng.com/controlpanelcontest and then submit a video detailing control panel design techniques (“Video”) via the instructions on the registration form.
The registration information, together with the Video, are collectively referred to herein as the “Entry.” All Entries must be submitted during the period (the “Contest Period”) commencing at Feb. 25, 2011, and ending March 31, 2011, noon central time. Limit one Entry per person. No responsibility is assumed for late, lost, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected Entries.
3. Video Requirements/Criteria. Each Video must be five minutes or less in length or less and should contain as many of the elements listed below as possible. Each Video will be judged based on how it addresses each of the following elements:
Exhibit the thought process for determining the layout of components, both interior and exterior;
Exhibit component mounting techniques;
Exhibit wire and cable termination techniques;
Explain how consistency is maintained from one person to another in component mounting and wiring practices (i.e., operator device orientation and wire termination);
Exhibit an example of door work (mounting, labeling & wiring of devices on an enclosure door, or other exterior surfaces);
Exhibit methods for insertion of completed panels into enclosures;
Explain or exhibit methods for maintaining cleanliness and protection of the enclosure and components; and
Explain testing procedures.
4. Entries: Each Entrant shall retain ownership of any copyright in his or her Video, subject to the license granted herein. Entrant hereby grants Sponsor and its affiliates, successors and assigns (a) a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free right and license, in all formats and media, whether now known or hereafter developed, to publish, display, distribute, reproduce, upload, promote, perform, broadcast, stream and modify the Video for any or all purposes including but not limited to advertising and promotion; and (b) the right to assign or sublicense any or all of the foregoing rights. Entries will not be returned. By entering, each Entrant agree to abide by these rules, and represents and warrants that (i) he or she is the sole owner of all right, title and interest in and to the Video; the Video is his or her original work; Entrant has the right to submit the Video for the purposes described herein; the Video has not been assigned, licensed or otherwise encumbered; and the Video, and the submission thereof for the purposes described herein, does not violate any rights, including copyrights, trademarks, patents or trade secret rights, of any third party, Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents against any claims, losses or expenses (including, without limitation, legal fees) arising out of or related to the Video or any breach by Entrant of any of its representations, warranties or obligations set forth in these rules.
5. Judging: During the period commencing April 4, 2011, and ending at noon June 15, 2011, visitors to www.controleng.com will have the opportunity to vote online among the Entries posted on the website. Entrants shall not be eligible to vote. Videos shall be judged based on the elements set forth in paragraph 3 above. On or before end of June 2011, Sponsor shall announce a single winner from among the eligible Entrants. The winner shall be the Entrant who submits the Video that receives the most votes. In the event of a tie, Sponsor shall cast the tie-breaking vote. The decision of Sponsor as to the selection of the winner, and in regard to all matters relating to this contest, shall be final. Winner will be notified by email on or before July 15, 2011.
6. Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the U.S. aged 18 or older, who are engineers with Professional Engineer (PE) certification. Employees, and members of their immediate families living in the same household, of Sponsor or its parents, subsidiaries or affiliates or their advertising, promotion and production agencies, are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
7. Winner: The winner will receive a certificate from Control Engineering magazine and will be announced in the print and online editions of the magazine as well as in Control Engineering newsletters. Winner must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within fifteen (15) days of notification attempt or an alternative winner may be selected. Winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his or her Entry, name, likeness, hometown, and biographical information in advertising and promotion in all media without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. All expenses, including taxes, if any, related to winning are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner releases Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, and agents from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, arising out of participation in this Contest.
8. Name of Winner; Inquiries : For inquiries about the Contest or the name of the winner, contact Mark Hoske at Control Engineering, 1111 W. 22nd St., Ste. 250, Oak Brook, IL 60523, or by email at MHoske@cfemedia.com.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Digital Reports
- Global SI Database
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Survey Prize Winners