Control Engineering webcast, the Complex Simplicity of Ethernet, offers application advice
Advice for using Ethernet in industrial environments will be among knowledge shared in a Control Engineering webcast, the Complex Simplicity of Ethernet. Advice includes use of Ethernet in industrial applications, when redundancy is needed, streaming SCADA video for gauge verification; and Ethernet safety.
NOW AVAILABLE on demand using the link below: Advice for using Ethernet in industrial environments will be among knowledge shared in a Control Engineering webcast, the Complex Simplicity of Ethernet.
The Thursday, Oct. 19, 2010, at 2 p.m. ET/1 p.m. CT/11 a.m. PT also will be available for viewing in the Control Engineering webcast archive. Register for the live event or view the archived information at www.controleng.com/webcasts.
Ethernet application advice includes the following:
- Ethernet can make industrial networks better and easier to use;
- Some applications will benefit from a redundant Ethernet architecture;
- SCADA Ethernet applications can stream video to verify why an alarm is going off, confirming gauge readings;
- Harsh-duty Ethernet hardware can add reliability in rugged environments; and
- Ethernet use can benefit safety applications.
The Control Engineering webcast is sponsored by Molex and Moxa.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Digital Reports
- Global SI Database
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Survey Prize Winners