Cummins launches sustainability website
Part of Company-Wide Commitment to Sustainability, Cummins Power Generation launched a website featuring the company’s various climate-change initiatives.
The website brings together news and information from across Cummins Power Generation about its varied products, services, projects, development initiatives and employee activities that have a bearing on climate change and reducing carbon footprints. The site includes:
- The numerous environmental awards that the company and its employees have received
- Descriptions of products with best-in-class environmentally sound and sustainable features, including the lean burn gas product line, and compatibility with Smart Grid technologies
- Solutions for combined heat and power, waste-to-energy, alternative fuels, LEED facilities and backup power for solar energy
- Examples of employee engagement, including the Environmental Challenge, an annual company-wide contest
- Links to issues of the ENvolved employee newsletter and the Cummins corporate brochure on climate-change principles
- Sustainability Q&A and a link to the corporate sustainability website
- Video on why Cummins is committed to climate-change initiatives
Jaime Teixeira de Queiroz, executive director for commercial generator set project business, noted that the rationale for the site starts with one element of the corporate mission, which demands that everything the company does lead to a cleaner, healthier, safer environment. "That commitment drives our work as a worldwide leader in emissions technology, which provides Cummins with a significant advantage," he said. "It also is behind ongoing efforts to reduce the environmental impact of our facilities, and engage our employees in ways they can make a difference."
Tony Satterthwaite, president of Cummins Power Generation, said, "We are committed to being fact-based, open and engaged with our customers, suppliers, employees and communities about the issue of climate change. For example, we are collaborating with customers on reducing fuel and lube oil consumption and on developing logistics solutions that reduce transportation and materials costs. The new website is a great way to collect and disseminate information on all our work in this crucial area."
- Edited by Gust Gianos, Consulting-Specifying Engineer, www.csemag.com