Dataforth DSCA DIN-rail mount isolated analog signal conditioners
More than 370 models of Dataforth DSCA isolated analog DIN rail mount signal conditioning modules are said to provide Dataforth Instrument Class performance, outstanding accuracy, 3-way isolation, and pluggable screw terminal disconnects to simplify wiring and maintenance.
Dataforth Corp.'s family of DSCA isolated analog DIN rail mount signal conditioning modules consists of more than 370 models that provide Dataforth Instrument Class performance, outstanding accuracy, 3-way isolation, and pluggable screw terminal disconnects to simplify wiring and maintenance.
Ground loops, overvoltage protection
Input modules in the DSCA signal conditioner family accept millivolt, volt, milliamp, RTD, thermocouple, potentiometer, strain gage, dc LVDT, frequency, ac to true RMS, and 2-wire transmitter inputs.
Voltage input conditioners accept signals fromugh 10k ohms. The dc LVDT module provides excitation and accepts input ranges from ±1V to ±10V. Frequency input signals can be TTL or zero crossing. The two-wire transmitter module provides loop power and accepts a 4 to 20mA input signal. Isolated field-side current and voltage outputs also are available.
All DSCA modules have excellent stability over time, Dataforth says, and do not require recalibration. However, multi-turn potentiometers are accessible and provide non-interactive zero and span settings adjustable up toe measures 2.95-in. x 0.89-in. x 4.13-in. (75 mm x 22.5 mm x 105 mm). All modules mount to the standard DIN EN 50022 35mm rail.
Specifications: Dataforth DSCA family of modules
Designed for data acquisition, test and measurement, and control system applications, Dataforth DSCA modules are said to provide:
• 1,500 Vrms transformer isolation and 240 Vrms field-side protection;
• ANSI/IEEE C37.90.1 transient protection;
• True 3-way isolation;
• Wide supply voltage, 15 V to 30 V dc;
• Industry standard output of 0 to 10 V
• 4- to 6-pole low-pass filtering;
• Low output noise;
• -40 °C to +80 °C operating temperature and relative humidity can be up to 95% non-condensing;
• Screw terminals and plug-in terminal blocks to simplify wiring and maintenance;
• C-UL-US listed (Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D);
• CE and ATEX compliant; and
• Manufactured according to regulations of RoHS Directive 2003/11/EC.
- Edited by Mark T. Hoske, editor in chief, Control Engineering , www.controleng.com.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Digital Reports
- Global SI Database
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Survey Prize Winners
- CFE Edu