Digital pressure gages for outdoor use
New five-digit display with large characters from APG offers convenience of mechanical designs but uses MEMS sensing technology for high accuracy, stability.
Automation Products Group (APG) has introduced its PG7 digital pressure gage family, designed to replace mechanical models in many applications. The design has an IP67 housing for outdoor use and provides a five-digit display with 0.4 in. characters. Analog outputs to interface with a larger control system are also available.
The PG7 is available with ranges from vacuum to 500 psi, and from 0 to 10,000 psi. MEMS sensing technology provides
Digital gages offer many functional advantages over tradition dial designs, including tare, peak hold, and max-min capability as standard. Additional user-selectable functions include:
• Auto-off in 2, 4, 8, 16, or 32 minutes;
• Multiple units of measure (psi, bar, mbar, kPa, MPa, in H 2 O, mm Hg, in Hg, cm Hg, kgcm2, or ft H 2 O);
• Units of force for hydraulic press applications, to display the applied force directly;
• Customizable bar graph display; and
• Lockout feature to prevent unauthorized access and changes.
The PG7 is available with three different power options:
• Self-powered versions use two standard AA batteries, with a typical battery life of 2,000 hours using alkaline cells. Self-powered units are available with no analog output (local display only), or with a 0-2 Vdc output.
• Externally powered versions operate on 9-28 Vdc, and are available with display-only output and 0-5 Vdc output options. Each of the externally powered versions is available with optional solid state relay trip-point outputs for alarm or control purposes.
• Loop powered units feature a 4-20 mA output.
Additional options include absolute, sealed, or vacuum pressure references, a rear pressure port, and up to
-Edited by Peter Welander, process industries editor, PWelander@cfemedia.com,
Control Engineering Process Instrumentation & Sensors Monthly
Register here to select your choice of free eNewsletters .