EC: 0i-Model D CNC
Machine and embedded control - CNCs and board-level products: With over 200 standard features designed to increase productivity, FANUC's 0i-Model D CNC is reliable, efficient, user-friendly, and popular. This is a Control Engineering 2012 Engineer’s Choice finalist.
With over 200 standard features designed to increase productivity, FANUC's 0i-Model D CNC is reliable, efficient, user-friendly, and popular because:
- Axis control: Control of up to nine axes, up to four controlled simultaneously.
- Nanometer precision: Unique system-wide nanometer resolution precision provides a superior surface finish quality, minimizing the need for secondary operations.
- High functionality: Over 200 standard features are designed to increase productivity.
- Reduced cycle time: Advanced software functions reduce cycle time while enhancing part accuracy and extending machine life. These include: bell-shaped acc/dec, Al contour control, nano smoothing, and HRV3.
- High-speed machining for better quality parts, faster.
- User-friendly operation and programming: Existing part programs will run without modification. The 0i-Model D offers simple part programming and operation; operation and programming software is tailored to the appropriate application. User-friendly solutions (MANUAL GUIDE i, MANUAL GUIDE 0i, TURN MATE i, Powerful G-code editor) help to fully optimize the manufacturing cycle from part program generation through to production.
- Reliability: FANUC's continuous improvement culture ensures reliability. Statistically, a hardware fault occurs only once every 27 years of productive service. Additionally, FANUC has a 25-year part availability guarantee. Other features include: crash protection, prevention of operation errors, ease of maintenance, built-in backup, and automatic servo and spindle tuning.
- Connecting manufacturing to business securely and reliably through standard high-speed Ethernet interface for high-speed part program transfers and data collection. A USB port is also conveniently located at the operator display to provide practically unlimited storage for part programs, tool data, and parameters.
FANUC FA America
Return to the list of the 2012 Engineers' Choice finalists.
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Control Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.