EC: Cisco Industrial Ethernet 1000 Switch
Network Integration — Ethernet switches: The Industrial Ethernet 1000 switch is a small form-factor, lightly managed switch designed for rugged environments meeting specific needs of industries such as machine building, manufacturing, smart cities, and more. This is a Control Engineering 2017 Engineers’ Choice Awards Winner.
The IE 1000 is a secure, easy-to-manage industrial Ethernet switch to deliver industrial network connectivity to endpoints of an operation that used to be unreachable. It is ideal for applications where small and easy-to-be-managed hardened switches are required.
For industrial users, the IE 1000 brings:
- Scalability: 10 Ethernet ports – 8 FE with PoE/PoE+ support plus 2 SFP based GE (for up to 100 km optical fiber distance coverage); other models, part of the same product family, are available with 4, 6 and 8 Ethernet ports options
- Easy integration: Zero-touch IP discovery or Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) IP addressing and simple web GUI-based management
- Industrial PoE: Supporting up to eight PoE/PoE+ ports
- Fast startup time: Starts to operate in less 30 seconds from cold boot
- Simple manageability: Web GUI interface, diagnostics, and status analysis options through Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and SYSLOG
- Security: Secure access and port security
- Data load optimization: VLAN aware, IGMP and DHCP snooping to filter unwanted data
- Lightly managed: The right trade-off between operation simplicity and right level of configuration and control of the networking infrastructure
- Redundant voltage feeds, alarm relay support, and DIN rail mounting
- Industrial environmental compliance and certifications
- Expanded operating temperature range of up to -40 to 70 C
- Extended 5-year hardware warranty.
Primary benefits include:
- Lower capital costs through a high price-performance ratio combined with essential management and control features
- Improved security with port security that allows disabling ports to control what gets connected to the network
- Reduced downtime through visibility of the complete networking infrastructure
- Lower operational costs with simplified operations and low power consumption.
The Cisco IE1000 complements the Cisco IE portfolio, offering a secure, reliable, and easy-to-manage switch to extend the industrial networking infrastructure to the edge in delivering an end-to-end IT to OT network solution, helping organizations to grow their business along with accelerating IoT deployments.
Cisco Systems, www.cisco.com
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Digital Reports
- Global SI Database
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Survey Prize Winners
- CFE Edu