EC: Cisco Industrial Wireless 3700 series
Network Integration - Wireless products: The Cisco IW3700 Series provides advanced 802.11ac (up-to 1.3 Gbps) wireless mesh networking in a compact form factor. It is qualified for extreme industrial environments and specifically designed for rail, transportation, mining, manufacturing, and outdoor applications. This is a Control Engineering 2016 Engineers’ Choice Awards Winner.
The Cisco IW3700 series is the first outdoor and industrial Wi-Fi access point that provides an advanced 802.11ac radio with support for 4x4 MIMO with three spatial streams and beamforming.
It offers industrial-grade environmental qualifications while providing superior reliability and higher speeds for video and other bandwidth-intensive applications. The IW3700 Series includes the following features and capabilities to address the demanding needs of IoT applications:
- Expanded operating temperature range of up to -50 to 75 C
- Vibration-rated to IEC 60068-2-6 environmental standards, and equipped with M12 Ethernet and dc power connectors and a rugged IP67-rated housing for protection against liquid and dust ingress
- Sustains reliable connections at higher speeds farther from the access point than competing solutions, resulting in up to three times greater availability of 1.3 Gbps rates and with the capacity to support up to 200 simultaneous wireless client devices
- A PoE output to enable external devices such as ruggedized IP cameras to be easily deployed in industrial environments and increase security for people and assets
- Employs a scalable and secure mesh architecture and provides integrated spectrum intelligence for self-configuring, self-healing networks through Cisco CleanAir technology
- Versatile RF coverage with durable external Type N connectors
- Extended 5-year hardware warranty.
With the new IW3700 Series, Cisco is moving industrial wireless networks into the gigabit era by delivering industry-leading 802.11ac Wi-Fi to the extreme edge to help its customers grow their business along with the accelerating IoT deployments in any place of the world.
Cisco Systems, www.cisco.com