EC: CoDeSys Embedded Controller CPX-CEC
Machine and Embedded Control - PLCs: Festo Corporation, CoDeSys Embedded Controller CPX-CEC. The CPX-CEC embedded controller from Festo Corporation is an intelligent remote I/O terminal with direct machine mounting that facilitates integration of pneumatics, electric drives, and I/O on the same compact controller with up to 31 electric drives and up to 512 I/O. This is a Control Engineering 2011 Engineers' Choice (EC) Honorable Mention.
The CPX-CEC embedded controller from Festo Corporation is an intelligent remote I/O terminal with direct machine mounting that facilitates integration of pneumatics, electric drives, and I/O on the same compact controller, up to 31 electric drives and up to 512 I/O. Its CAN-Master functionality delivers flexibility, open-and closed-loop standalone control for economical automation or remote control with pre-processing. The CPX-CEC offers fast cycle times of 1ms. The comprehensive CoDeSys function library takes care of diagnostics and condition monitoring options. These units meet both IEC 61131-3 programming standards and IP65/IP67 enclosure protection standards.
- PLC control for valve terminal configurations with MPA, VTSA
- Connection to all most industry fieldbus standards as an intelligent slave to provide local processing
- PLC with CANopen master as standard for activation of electric drives or most 3rd party CANopen device
- Diagnostics with flexible monitoring possibilities for pressure, flow rate, cylinder run time, air consumption, early warnings and visualization options
- Activation of decentralized installation systems on the basis of CPI
- Activation of applications of proportional pneumatics
- Servo-pneumatic applications AS-interface control via Gateway
- CoDeSys ensures simple commissioning, fast programming, and parameterization.
For more, see www.controleng.com/awards.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Digital Reports
- Global SI Database
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Survey Prize Winners