EC: Extreme Duck Ultra
Motion - Motors: Extreme Duck Ultra is an absolutely liquid-proof motor that increases motor life and virtually eliminates plant down time. This is a Control Engineering 2016 Engineers’ Choice Awards Winner.
The Extreme Duck Ultra's new design ensures that liquids don't penetrate in any mounting position, and the motor is easier to install and connect because of unique colored leads. A proprietary shaft seal is one of the motor's unique features. Other features include:
- Standard dual voltage and dual rotation
- New encapsulation process with better materials ensure complete filling of the motors and curing of the epoxy encapsulation
- All stainless steel exterior
- Nameplate information permanently etched into frame
- Conduit box on TEFC motors rotates 360 degrees
- Inverter Duty IRIS insulation system
- Corrosion resistant coating applied to rotor.
Benefits of the Extreme Duck Ultra include:
- Numbered lead wires enable easier readability and identification, reducing installation time and costs
- Pressure testing guarantees liquids don't penetrate the motor, increasing motor life and virtually eliminating plant down time
- Eliminating corrosion ensures longer motor life and lessens operating costs
- Washdown motors enhance flexibility and durability, yielding to minimal operating expenses while increasing up-time.
This motor is designed for use in food processing and other applications where motors are exposed to frequent washdown, common cleaning and sanitizing chemicals, and high humidity. Washdown motors provide durability and flexibility to help maximize uptime and reduce overall operating costs in these and many other demanding applications where general purpose motors will not survive.
Leeson Electric, www.leeson.com
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Digital Reports
- Global SI Database
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Survey Prize Winners