EC: Gecko 4TX Industrial Ethernet Switch
Network Integration — Ethernet Hardware: The Gecko 4TX is an industrial Ethernet switch that combines the advantages of fully-managed switches with the benefits of fast, simple deployment—making it convenient to configure and monitor without needing special IT know-how. This is a Control Engineering 2015 Engineers’ Choice honorable mention.
The Gecko 4TX from Hirschmann combines the advantages of fully-managed switches with the benefits of fast and simple deployment, essentially creating a new product category. With the Gecko 4TX, it's convenient and easy to configure and monitor the device without needing special IT know-how.
The Gecko 4TX was designed with practical essentials in mind, including the proper level of management functionality. This concept allows the Gecko switches to deliver the required performance when unmanaged switches cannot.
- The switch can be managed through Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) or via HiDiscovery and Industrial HiVision from Hirschmann. A web interface for HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) deployment is also available.
- For monitoring purposes, the switch provides diagnostic and documentation options, such as a system log, Remote Monitoring and Link Layer Discovery Protocol. Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol and Quality of Service functions are also supported.
- Inactive ports can be disabled to protect against possible misuse.
- The switch can be mounted on a top-hat rail and requires little space thanks to its compact design (25 x 114 x 79 mm).
- Power consumption of less than 3 W for minimal electricity and energy efficiency.
- Additional features, such as, four Fast Ethernet ports (10/100 Mbit/s), IP30 protection rating, a temperature range from 0 to 60 C, high shock and vibration resistance, and a 24 Vdc power supply.
In addition, the robust and compact Gecko 4TX can be used in a wide range of areas, from solar farms to production lines for the food and beverage sector. The Gecko 4TX guarantees reliable data communication wherever it is installed, and is ideal for anyone reluctant to use managed switches because of their complex operation.
Hirschmann, a Belden brand
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Digital Reports
- Global SI Database
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Survey Prize Winners
- CFE Edu