EC: GXM 2.4 GHz Global Transceiver Module (GXM-T)
Network Integration - Wireless products: Small form factor GXM-T wireless radio enables OEMs to leverage existing designs for international markets where 900 MHz spectrum is unavailable and has full ETSI, FCC, IC, RoHS and UL Class 1 division 2 Certifications. This is a Control Engineering 2013 Engineers' Choice finalist.
Building on the success of the FreeWave 900 MHz product family, the FreeWave 2.4 GHz GXM radio has been designed to provide OEMs the performance, reliability, and quality they have come to know and expect in FreeWave products, in a globally available spectrum and full ETSI, FCC, IC, RoHS and UL Class 1 division 2 Certifications. The 1.4 in. x 2 in. form factor of the GXM is a drop-in replacement for the MM2, enabling OEMs to leverage existing designs for international markets where 900 MHz spectrum is unavailable and is ideally suited for applications where space is a premium. The GXM has all of the functionality of the larger footprint FreeWave GX family of products and is backward compatible with the I2 & IM Series radio. Additional unique features include:
- 500 mW maximum output power with an optional 100 mW limit to meet compliance requirements.
- Linear power control allows output power to be specified in dBm from 10 to 27 or 10 to 20 if limited to 100 mW.
- Remote LED support with optional 24-pin connector.
- VSWR protection.
- Improved low signal performance: RISC-based signal demodulation with matched filter.
- Unparalleled signal performance: GaAs FET RF front end with multistage SAW filtering has unmatched combination of overload immunity and sensitivity.
- High noise immunity: Superior performance in noise congested environments.
- Versatility: One radio can operate as a master, slave, repeater or slave/repeater.
- 115.2-153.6 Kbps.
- Secure: proprietary spread spectrum technology prevents detection and unauthorized access; 128 bit or 256 bit AES encryption is available.
- Reliability: Every radio 100% tested for RF performance from 40 C to +85 C.
- Size and performance: Smallest data radio with the highest performance available.
- Industry leading low power consumption.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Digital Reports
- Global SI Database
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Survey Prize Winners
- CFE Edu