EC: PTC1000 clock converter
Network Integration — Network Hardware: The Kyland PTC1000 clock converter is an IEEE1588 Precision Time Protocol to IRIG-B/PPS clock convertor specially designed to enable the time synchronization for conventional devices in an IEEE1588 system. This is a Control Engineering 2015 Engineers’ Choice finalist.
The Kyland PTC1000 clock converter is the world's first IEEE1588 PTP (Precision Time Protocol) to IRIG-B/PPS clock convertor specially designed to enable the time synchronization for conventional devices in an IEEE1588 system. With the conversion from IEEE1588 PTP to IRIG-B and PPS (pulse per second), conventional industrial devices such as protection relays with IRIG-B interface or PPS interface can now easily attach to a IEEE1588 time distribution network via Ethernet. It is the most economical and convenient solution to migrate and to merge the existing devices into the "future-proofing" IEEE1588 PTP network with high precision time synchronization in any hybrid industrial control systems.
Key features of the PTC1000 include:
- Supports IEEE1588v2, synchronization accuracy ±100 ns
- Supports ITU-T.G.8261/G.8262 SyncE, synchronization accuracy ±50 ns with SyncE enabled
- Supports C37.238 Power Profile
- Supports C37.118 Standard for Synchrophasors in Power Systems
- Supports IRIG-B format: B000, B002, B003, B120, B122, B123. Newly added: B001, B004, B005, B006, B007, B121, B124, B125, B126, B127, B1344 DCLS, B1344 AM
- Compliant with IEC61850-3 and IEEE1613.
The PTC1000 provides one 100 M fiber/copper port for IEEE1588 input and max 4 10/100Base-TX RJ45 Ethernet ports, eliminating the need of an additional Ethernet switch in locations where between one to four IEDs exist, and also several conventional timing signal including 1 PPS output, 2 IRIG-B TTL outputs, 2 IRIG-B AM modulation outputs and 1 IRIG-B RS422 output. It supports both vertical and horizontal DIN-Rail installation.
Kyland Technology Co. Ltd., www.kyland.com
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Digital Reports
- Global SI Database
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Survey Prize Winners