EC: Virtual Dynamic Simulator v3.4.4
Software - Applications: The Mynah Virtual Dynamic Simulator is simulation software used for system acceptance testing and operator training that is now offered based upon Private Cloud Computing and VMWare virtualization technology. This is a Control Engineering 2013 Engineers' Choice finalist.
Mynah Virtual Dynamic Simulators bring the value of the Virtual Plant using MiMiC Simulation Software into the world of Cloud Computing. Using the same technology implemented in public cloud enterprises, such as Amazon and Google, the private cloud implementation allows flexible access and agility but behind the security of the end user's firewall.
Mynah uses an ISO registered, proprietary process to review the user requirements and recommend a Virtual Dynamic Simulator designed to meet the business goals of the project and provide the greatest return on investment. MYNAH Virtual Dynamic Simulators using VMWare virtualization technology provide the following business benefits:
- Reduced training and development system hardware requirements.
- Protection of dynamic simulation to control system simulator communications through the use of virtual LAN implementations.
- One button start up of training or development systems.
- - Greater security and availability for the training and development system.
- Flexibility to handle multiple control system implementations and dynamic models in the same system.
- Flexibility to allow training or development systems from any networked PC or thin client.
- Ability to handle system expansions and upgrades with minimal hardware investments. Mynah Virtual Dynamic Simulators using VMWare virtualization technology includes the following key features:
- Server hardware sized and selected based upon Mynah VMWare experience with VMWare ready designs.
- Implementation of virtualization management best practices using VMWare VCenter Server.
- VLAN implementation to secure virtual machine communication and provide high capacity link to plant network.
- Selection of operating system licensing based upon all application requirements and user long term goals.
- Best practice installs of MiMiC and control system simulators. Mynah Virtual Dynamic Simulator is an excellent platform for the user to take advantage of the power and flexibility for the automation system optimization and operator training needs of the plant.
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Control Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.