Embedded controllers for next-generation industrial use
MPC5554 32-bit embedded controller, based on PowerPC architecture, extends Freescale Semiconductor’s MPC5500 family to the industrial market.
Freescale’s MPC5554 32-bit embedded controller, based on PowerPC architecture, includes enhanced timer systems, and a peripheral set tailored for automotive and industrial applications.
MPC5554 32-bit embedded controller, based on PowerPC architecture, extends Freescale Semiconductor's MPC5500 family to the industrial market. MPC5554 offers system performance up to five times higher than its MPC500 predecessors, meeting increasing demands of automotive and industrial designs. It includes 2 MB of embedded flash memory, enhanced timer systems, and a peripheral set tailored for automotive and industrial applications. It integrates more functional-ity on-chip while meeting application needs for increased system performance and complexity.
The controller leverages past engineering investments and existing PowerPC-architecture knowledge to create a solid migration path for users of the MPC500 family. Engineers knowledgeable with the PowerPC instruction-set architecture can move quickly to MPC5554 and future family products. A high degree of integration and flexible features reduces system costs. External tasks are integrated into the MCU, reducing the number of external analog- and digital-components.
Among the controller’s benefits are:
• Nexus IEEE-ISTO 5001, Class-3 multi-core debug-capabilities;
• eTPU (enhanced-time processor unit) for high level “C” programmability;
• Fast (1.25
• 2 MB on-chip non-volatile flash memory that can be read and written simultaneously (including EEPROM emulation);
• Compatibility with existing systems;
• Integration of complex signal processing algorithms with SIMD (single instruction multiple data) and DSP instructions; and
• High-bandwidth internal communications. www.freescale.com Freescale Semiconductor