First solar power mini-inverter
CyboEnergy released what it calls the first mini-inverter for solar power.
CyboEnergy, a subsidiary of CyboSoft, General Cybernation Group Inc., announced today that it introduced CyboInverter, the world's first solar power Mini-Inverter at the Intersolar exhibition in San Francisco on July 12-14, 2011.
In a solar power system, solar panels and inverters work together to collect solar energy and convert it into usable electricity. While solar panels have become commodity products, inverters remain a key energy harvest component that has attracted a lot of attention and investment.
CyboSoft chairman and CyboEnergy CEO, Dr. George Cheng, said, "We are very excited to introduce a new type of inverter for the solar power industry to help reduce the total product and installation costs. As the solar industry can no longer depend on government incentives, the CyboInverter will be an attractive product that offers scalability, grid-flexibility, high efficiency, long life, easy installation, and excellent per watt price. CyboSoft's Model-Free Adaptive (MFA) control and optimization technology enabled us to develop the CyboInverter."
There are two main types of solar power inverters on the market: (i) Centralized Inverters, and (ii) Microinverters. The patent pending CyboInverter is the world's first Mini-Inverter that possesses the key merits of both Centralized Inverters and Microinverters. What is more, a CyboInverter overcomes the main shortcomings of both Centralized Inverters and Microinverters with the following key features and benefits:
- A CyboInverter has multiple input channels to connect to multiple solar photovoltaic (PV) modules so that the inverter's per watt cost can be sharply reduced.
- A CyboInverter can connect to multiple solar PV modules that may be different in types, sizes, and sunlight orientations.
- A CyboInverter can perform Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) on each connected solar module to optimize power production.
- A number of CyboInverters that connect to a mixed number and variety of PV modules can easily daisy chain with standard AC power cables and generate a total power equal to the summation of the AC power supplied by each CyboInverter.
- CyboInverters offer grid-flexibility with both Grid-tie and Off-grid CyboInverters in the same product family.
|Search the online Automation Integrator Guide|
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Control Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.