Hardy Instruments: Feeder control module, weight controller for closed-loop control
Hardy Instruments, a Rockwell Global Encompass partner, introduced new weight controllers and feeder control module at Automation Fair. See photos.
Hardy Instruments, a Rockwell Global Encompass partner, showed its process weighing equipment at the Rockwell Automation Fair in Anaheim, CA. Hardy Instruments manufactures weight controllers and indicators, feeder controllers, and plug-in weigh modules, including those for Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1500, CompactLogix, ControlLogix, SLC 500, and Series 5, load cells, scales, and a tension controller. Instruments included Hardy's core technologies, such as Waversaver to eliminate the effects of surrounding vibration for fast, stable weight display, C2 electronic calibration without test weights, and Integrated Technician for system diagnostics and troubleshooting.
HI 1756-FC Feeder Control Module
The new Hardy feeder control module, the HI 1756-FC, is a single-scale closed-loop feeder controller designed for use with auger, belt and vibratory-based feeders, converting them from volumetric to gravimetric. It controls and adjusts the feeder speed based on the required rate at which the feeder is losing weight. Featuring true five-point automatic rate calibration, automatic feeder refill, and various alarms, it also includes Waversaver, C2 electronic calibration, and Integrated Technician.
ControlNet interface option on HI 4050 Weight Controller
Hardy will also introduce the new ControlNet network interface (from ODVA) for its HI 4050 multi-purpose weight controller used in batching and blending, filling and dispensing, level-by-weight, and checkweighing applications.
Hardy Instruments' HI 4060 is a compact, single-feeder, closed-loop rate controller for use in a variety of applications, including auger, belt and vibratory-based feeders, converting them from volumetric to gravimetric.
After supplying excitation to the load sensors and digitizing the weight signal, the rate controller provides an analog output to control the feeder speed and adjusts this signal based on the required rate at which the feeder is losing weight.
The HI 4060 loss-in-weight rate controller features:
- Automatic closed loop control: continuously adjusts the feeder to deliver the desired feed rate;
- True five-point automatic rate calibration: produces high feed accuracy for a wide range of feed rates;
- Multiple configuration storage: stores hundreds of different system configurations;
- Automatic feeder refill: starts and stops refilling without interrupting the feeding of material;
- Convenient manual mode: allows manual speed control, with switch to automatic control at the touch of a button;
- Various alarms, including rate tolerance and disturbance;
- Embedded web server for remote access; and
- Communications: optional DeviceNet, EtherNet/IP, Remote I/O, Profibus, Modbus TCP/IP, and analog.
Also see, from Automation Fair 2009:
- Edited by Mark T. Hoske, editor in chief, Control Engineering www.controleng.com
|Search the online Automation Integrator Guide|
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Control Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.