High resolution machine vision cameras
The Falcon 2 machine vision camera series from Teladyne Dalsa is designed to deliver quick pictures and high resolution for electronics, semiconductor and flat panel display inspection.
Teledyne Dalsa announced its Falcon2 high performance area scan camera series. The Falcon2 series is comprised of three high performance models 4M, 8M and 12M. The Falcon2 incorporates CMOS imaging technology making these cameras ideal for more detailed inspection of objects in a shorter amount of time. Typical applications include automated optical inspection (AOI) for electronics manufacturing, semiconductor wafer inspection, flat panel display inspection, as well as solar panel inspection.
The Falcon2 series delivers fast frame rates, excellent image quality, and true global shutter operation. The 8M and 12M Falcon2 cameras come with selectable aspect ratio. All three models are mechanically rugged and are thermally stable and thus do not require external heat sinks. The Falcon2 cameras come with embedded image processing, including FFC correction and sensor cosmetics enhancement. The Falcon2 series includes:
- Falcon2 4M, delivering 4 Megapixels at 168 frames per second.
- Falcon2 8M, delivering 8 Megapixels at 90 frames per second.
- Falcon2 12M, delivering 12 Megapixels at 58 frames per second.
Key features and benefits
- In camera image pre-processing (flat field correction, defective pixel concealment)
- Selectable 4:3 or 1:1 aspect ratios while maintaining the same overall resolution (for 8M and 4M models)
- Improved sensitivity
- Reduced dark noise levels and improved dark offset
- Global shutter for crisp capture of moving objects
- Customizable user settings
- GenICam compliant and available with Camera Link interface standard for high bandwidth data transmission
Teledyne Dalsa Inc.
- Edited by Chris Vavra, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com
See the Industrial Sensor Channel...