How to build products right the first time with business process software for manufacturing
Software highlighted in Manufacturing Business Technology magazine and online can give manufacturers the ability to ensure products meet quality standards before leaving the plant.
Manufacturers wisely are making greater use of operational data, using software solutions to turn it into information with the goal of meeting quality standards as early in the production process as possible.
Manufacturing enterprise software applications can, in part:
- Pass data back and forth among various modules of enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and the manufacturing execution system (MES) software;
- Improve planning and scheduling to keep customers informed in real time about order status or changes;
- Provide overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) data can improve scheduling and decrease downtime;
- Optimize pricing; and
- Retrieve existing information and combine it in new ways to provide strategic advantages.
The following article in November/December 2009 Manufacturing Business Technology explains in greater detail and gives information on software that helps enable those advantages: Business process management: Making strategic use of operational data , by Sidney Hill, MBT executive editor.
- Edited by Mark T. Hoske, online products editor, Manufacturing Business Technology , MBT, www.mbtmag.com.