i2 Factory Planner improves user experience, increases planner productivity
i2 Factory Planner version 6.3.4 maximizes schedule adherence, reduces lead times, lowers inventory, and reduces overtime and premium shipments.
i2 Technologies Inc.'s version 6.3.4 of i2 Factory Planner, is "the world's most widely deployed factory planning solution for maximizing schedule adherence, reducing lead times, lowering inventory, and reducing overtime and premium shipments," the company says.
This latest release, announced Oct. 21, focuses on improving the user experience and increasing planner productivity. New features include:
- A plan performance dashboard , enabling planners to quickly review and understand key capacity, material and order-related metrics;
- A master planning dashboard providing time-phased integrated views of demand, capacity, and materials, allowing for rapid planner correlations between the three variable streams;
- A workflow-oriented user experience for problem identification, plan comparison, and problem resolution, reducing analysis and resolution time; and
- A new planning algorithm for enhanced synchronization of capacity, improved material assignment and reduction of work-in-process inventory, allowing for improved plan quality and optimization turnaround time.
"This release of i2 Factory Planner focuses on significant improvements in usability, closed-loop workflows and quick availability of information to make feasible material, capacity and order-performance related decisions," said Aamer Rehman, vice president of Manufacturing Solutions, i2. "Each of these enhancements represents an opportunity to reduce non-value added planning activities in factory operations. The key theme of this and our ongoing enhancements is to enable ease-of-use, improved decision-making, visibility of key metrics and closed-loop planning using a plan-do-check-act paradigm." Learn more about Factory Planner from i2 .
- Edited by Mark T. Hoske, electronic products editor, Manufacturing Business Technology , MBT www.mbtmag.com