Increase warehouse productivity, wirelessly
Technology tips follow for higher warehouse productivity for manufacturers using Bluetooth wireless technology.
Breaking the tether can increase manufacturing productivity, and Bluetooth-enabled, wireless barcode scanning is one example.
Such devices can be designed to:
- Be a wearable computer with elements on hands and fingers and arms;
- Transmit data to a vehicle-mounted computer after scanning;
- Increase pallet loading time by 20 percent to 30 percent;
- Speed mixed product pallets;
- Make two hands available for moving good while scanning, adding to productivity.
- Save steps; and
- Lower worker fatigue with light weight, which may decrease accident risk in warehouse and manufacturing facilities.
For more details, an application example, and photos, see the following article from November/December 2009 Manufacturing Business Technology : Bluetooth-enabled barcode scanners boost warehouse productivity .
- Edited by Mark T. Hoske, online products editor, Manufacturing Business Technology , MBT, www.mbtmag.com.