Incremental encoders have compact design, IP65 rating
Sick's DDS36 and DDS50 incremental encoders have compact design and IP65 enclosure rating. The DDS36 has a 36 mm housing and the DDS50 has a 50 mm housing.
Sick DDS36 and DDS50 incremental encoders have a 36 mm housing and the DDS50s have a 50 mm housing, said to be ideal for applications where space is limited.
The DDS series of encoders can be used in light duty applications that require reliable speed feedback with pulses per revolution between 100 and 2,500. With an IP65 enclosure rating, these encoders are ideal for outdoor use, and can be used for positioning of overhead cranes, rail/transfer cars, in robotic applications, and rack and pinion arrangement material, and speed detection during critical manufacturing processes.
- Small size and low profile make these an excellent solution for applications with limited installation space
- The DDS encoders have an exceptional price/performance ratio
- Both come standard with an IΡ 65 enclosure rating, which is unique in this class of encoder
- Wide variety of mounting brackets and flexible couplings ensure quick and low-cost installation on a machine
- Edited by Chris Vavra, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com
Control Engineering Sensor Channel