Industrial amplifier measure torque and angle with no programming
HBM's PX460 industrial measurement amplifier is designed to enable users to make precise measurements of raw and filtered torque and angles as well as other data with no programming.
HBM's PX460 industrial measurement amplifier is designed to enable users to make precise measurements of raw and filtered torque, frequency, pulse, speed, and angle of rotation.
The combination of the new PX460 hardware with HBM's APM (Advanced Plug & Measure) technology and Transducer Electronic Data Sheet (TEDS) platform for sensor integration allows users to connect torque sensors to the PX460 amplifier and get started right away with no programming.
The PX460 amplifier is a plug-in module for the HBM PMX data acquisition and control system. It can acquire up to four channels of data from torque transducers simultaneously with an analog bandwidth of up to 6 kHz. In addition to powering the torque transducer directly, the PX460 can also acquire encoder signals of up to 2 MHz in rough industrial environments.
Available measurement modes include:
- Up to four torque flanges (T10, T12, T40) for torque or rotational speed measurement (without detection of the direction of rotation).
- Two measurement channels for simultaneous measurement, for rotational speed and angle of rotation (with detection of the direction of rotation).
- One measurement channel for simultaneous measurement, for rotational speed and angle of rotation or reference signal recognition.
- Two angular/incremental encoders each, SSI, PWM sensors, magnetic transducers or pulse counters.
- Four measurement channels for frequency measurement up to 2 MHz.
Using an on-board, position-based CASMA filter, the PX460 smooths the torque measurements so that they can be fed directly into a dynamometer or machine control system using real time fieldbuses, such as Profinet, Ethercat, Ethernet IP, or an analog output.
- Edited by CFE Media. See more Control Engineering motor and drive products.