Industrial Networks Product Research (April 2007)
Research was undertaken to gain a better understanding of Control Engineering subscribers’applications and needs regarding networks.
Read the article that resulted from this research: Industrial Networks, with informaiton on Ethernet and other network infrastructure .
Research was undertaken to gain a better understanding of Control Engineering subscribers’ applications and needs regarding networks. Scroll down to link to the original research report (PDF) .
Specific areas under evaluation included:
• Recommending/specifying networks
• Departments included in industrial network cross-functional teams
• Primary applications for industrial networks
• Industrial network device connectivity status and plans
• Current usage of various industrial network protocol/method types
• Industrial network protocol/method types which may be used/not used in future
• Attributes of importance in purchasing industrial network products
• Considerations in selecting an industrial network manufacturer
• Expected ROI for annual industrial network expenditures
• Annual savings anticipated from the investment in industrial network products
• Time frame needed to generate anticipated annual savings
• Incidence for use of third-party integrators or consultants for industrial network applications
• Annual spending on third-party integrator or consultant services
• Current and future intelligence for industrial networks