Industry Roundup: Acquisitions, Certifications, Awards
• Ren Owen , Sloan Valve Company's vice president of business development, passed away on January 6, leaving behind a legacy of innovation and growth in the plumbing industry. Owen served in regional and national sales manager positions from 1982 until being promoted to his VP post in 2003.
• Intertek, Arlington Heights, Ill., has announced that its ETL SEMKO division has acquired International Approvals Laboratories, a Boulder, Colo.-based testing lab.
• MGE UPS Systems, Costa Mesa, Calif., announced that key models of its UPS from 5 kVA to 225 kVA have met the criteria of the UL 924 Emergency Lighting Systems standard.
• Onicon, Clearwater, Fla., announced that its System-10 BTU Meter has been certified to meet Version 3.4 of the LonMark Interoperability Guidelines. The meter provides energy, flow and temperature data to devices connected to a LonWorks control network.
• Raser Technologies, Provo, Utah, a technology licensing company that develops and licenses advanced electric motor, electronic motor drive, power generation and related technologies, announced today a definitive agreement to acquire Amp Resources of Draper, Utah, a private company with technologies focused on power generation.
• S&C Electric Company, Chicago, Ill., was recipient of a plaque presented by Alabama Power Company (APCO), one of the operating utilities of the Southern Company and a longtime S&C customer. S&C was one of only a dozen or so of APCO’s hundreds of suppliers to receive the award for its “Superior Performance” in the task of restoring electric power following Hurricane Katrina.
|Search the online Automation Integrator Guide|
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Control Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.