Industry Roundup: Acquisitions, Changes and Accreditations
• Berk-Tek, New Holland, Pa., manufacturer of copper and fiber-optic cabling products, was awarded a TL 9000 Code of Practice for Quality Systems certificate from Underwriter Laboratories for its New Holland factory.
• Invensys Building Systems, Loves Park, Ill., has announced that its subsidiary, Precision Control Systems, Griffith, Ind., has moved back to local ownership and management, but will continue to represent Invensys regionally.
• Mission Critical Power Systems, a supplier of power protection equipment and systems, is moving its corporate headquarters from Chino, Calif. to Las Vegas, Nev.
• Phihong, Fremont, Calif., has joined with other PoE technology developers to form the Power-over-Ethernet Technology consortium, which will work to implement IEEE 802.3 Power-over-Ethernet equipment by defining a new set of standard specifications.
• Siemens Energy & Automation, Alpharetta, Ga., has selected Datalliance, Cincinnati, Ohio, to enhance existing relationships with key customers. Datalliance is a complete electronic commerce service that utilizes comprehensive VMI functionality to allow collaboration between suppliers and their distributors across the Internet.
• SimplexGrinnell, Boca Raton, Fla., a business unit of Tyco Fire & Security, has earned certified status in Microsoft's Partner Program by demonstrating its expertise with Microsoft technologies and ability to meet customer needs.
• Stanley Security Solutions, Noblesville, Ind., a provider of access control and security solutions, has acquired West Chester, Pa.-based Pinnacle Electronic Systems. Pinnacle provides security controls and monitoring systems in the correction facilities sector.
• Trane, Piscataway, N.J., recently secured a performance contract to upgrade the building HVAC infrastructure and climate control equipment in five buildings within the Metropolitan School District (MSD) of SteubenCounty, in Angola, Ind. In other Trane news, the company is offering a 5% rebate on certain commercial air conditioning rooftop systems being used as replacements for comparable equipment.
|Search the online Automation Integrator Guide|
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Control Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.